Fountains of Wayne Memories/Shows

Misc. commentary regarding Fountains of Wayne as collected on the blog Little Squaw. I talk about them a lot. In all fairness, Gilly should have his own blog as well.

Sunday, December 14, 2003

And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
 I can't remember all the times I tried to tell my myself
To hold on to these moments as they pass...
-The Counting Crows "Long December"
 
 I can barely lift my fingers or my toes. Very long night having gone to visit Gil's parents and bring home more wedding shower booty. It's like Christmas in December...ugh...well that doesn't work now does it?
 
Listening to Fountains of Wayne Live CD I just bought on E-Bay...which I subjected Gilly to on the way to his parents. I was listening carefully for witty banter between songs. There wasn't much though I do suspect a lot of was edited out due to the odd jumps between tracks. 1997 and they were performing "Troubled Times" hmmmm, and yet it didn't show up on an album until "Utopia Parkway" no wonder there is so much extra material floating around out there.
 
Lot's of snow and rain. Being stubborn or just plain stupid I took it upon myself to shovel 1/2 the very long driveway myself, though admittedly I am quite pleased when I look at my side of the house! :) The living room is full of piney goodness and I'm waiting for Gilly to come down from finishing painting the bedroom to put the lights on the tree. This is the biggest tree I've ever had. 7 feet tall and about 4.5 feet wide maybe 5 I can't really tell. It's about average for Gil, his father being a big believer in very large trees. YIPPEE! I married a man who comes from good stock I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home