Fountains of Wayne Memories/Shows

Misc. commentary regarding Fountains of Wayne as collected on the blog Little Squaw. I talk about them a lot. In all fairness, Gilly should have his own blog as well.

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

She may argue with her logicAnd mention all the things I loseThat really have no valueIn the end she will surely knowI wasn't born to follow
The Byrds - "Wasn't Born to Follow"

As alluded to in my earlier post, which you of course have not read, I didn't get much sleep last night and the reason is this. Before I logged off I checked the Fountains of Wayne website. Which I am prone to do just to check their schedule. Well, I check and I see that they are playing a radio show on 12/12/03 in Sayreville! Just a hop skip and a jump from here. But then I worry. Don't they only sell limited numbers of tickets to a show like that? The options were limited. Tickets were to go on sale today at 12PM via Ticketmaster and at a couple of retail locations such as Vintage Vinyl. I hate hate hate Ticketmaster and they always screw things up. I didn't really want to drive to Fords but I was willing to to assure I'd get tickets. However I also knew the dorky radio guys would be there and the people in that store are alterna snobs (don't they know that collecting KISS figurines is the same as playing with dolls?). Worst case scenario I would have to get one of my friends at work to get me tickets but I don't like to ask for favors. I announce my dilemma to Gil and he responds, "I don't think you have to worry about it. I don't think that there will be a rush for tickets." Sometimes I wonder how he can sleep at night? Tossing and turning and having the weird dream mentioned below. I get up and run a few errands all before the crack of 9:30AM and with a couple of hours to go (having decided on trying Ticketmaster) I organize my knitting stuff and the china cabinet. Conflicting imagery there huh? Rabid about FOW yet knits...not only knits but has an enough knitting stuff to have the need to organize it, but I digress...I kept myself occupied and easily got two tickets one for me and one for well, not Gil unless I couldn't convince my FOW buddy to go.

I know the show is going to be filled with 15 year olds...it's a double edged sword. Especially being a fan from way back. They should know this will make it FIVE count 'em FIVE times in 2003 for me. I'll be prepared to be disappointed. It's a strange cage I've built myself on the premise of preferring to be the person that a band forgets rather than being the person a band remembers for doing something stupid. And you should never give with the intent to give in order to receive. But I am huge supporter damn it. I want a nod. Rant over... in my purest of hearts I want them to make buckets of money and live happily ever after...in a dirty little corner of my mind I want no one to go to their shows so I'll always have my place in the front.

Now I have to get ready to go to our first SHU B-Ball game of the year. I am looking forward to discussing Dramarama's reappearance with Gil's brother. Intriguing. Onward Setonia...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home